If you’ve been following this blog over the last several months, you may have noticed Wind River has had an increased focus on security lately. In fact, in early 2018 we rolled out a significant update to our security program and introduced the Advanced Security Package. You might even have found yourself asking the question, “Why all the hype?”.
Well, we know internally just how much of a gamechanger ASP can be for our customers, but sometimes it helps to hear it straight from the people who have actually been using it. We recently spoke with one of our clients who’s been using ASP for a little bit now. We wanted to get their opinion on how it’s been working and what they like best.
According to them, here are they five things they think YOU should know about ASP.
- The ASP toolkit is easy to install.
- ASP saved us hundreds of dollars since there are no additional licensing fees or charges related to how many computers it can be downloaded on.
- The dashboard reporting is laid out in a way that makes sense and the results are easy to understand.
- The amount of time completing the PCI SAQ was shortened significantly for our processing environment.
- There is a lack of security toolkits available for businesses. Purchasing each tool individually is expensive! ASP has saved us over $500.00 a year!
It’s feedback like this that really helps us to make sure we’re offering the best services we can. In the near future, we’ll be surveying more of our customers for additional feedback about the Advanced Security package. We’ll even be giving those that participate a chance to win a $100.00 gift card or an equivalent donation to the charity of their choice.
In the meantime, for those of you interested in learning more about ASP and how it could make your life a little easier, feel free to read how mobile security has become vital to small businesses or how remote access detection can keep criminals out of your network.